Porsche 918 Spyder: Full Performance Specs and Official Photos
Here’s all the good bits on the 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder. Pics-o-plenty and a full breakdown of its performance and technical specs.
But, first, the high points: 0-62 in 2.8 seconds, 0-62 in Electric Mode in 7.0 seconds, 0-124 in 7.9 seconds, top speed is greater than 211 mph, non-production Nürburgring North Loop lat time is 7:14, electric-only range is 18 miles, power is 887 horse and it achieves 133 horse per liter. So good. Enjoy.
A full report on the 918 Spyder will come a bit later once I finish digesting its very detailed, very long press release. In the mean time, drool away. If you don’t want to view the slideshow, I put a bunch of photos under the Tech Specs of the Porsche 918 Spyder. Oh, and feel free to download any of the photos. Just click on the slideshow to visit the Picasa album.
Tech Specs of the 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder
- Top speed: Greater Than 211 mph
- Top Speed Purely Electric: 93 mph
- 0-62 mph: 2.8 s
- 0-60 mph: ~2.6 s
- 0-62 mph (in electric mode): 7.0 s
- 0-124 mph (0-200 km/h): 7.9 s
- 0-186 mph (0-300 km/h): 23.0 s
- Nürburgring North Loop Lap Time (non-production car): 7:14
- Two-seat Spyder
- Carbon fiber reinforced plastics (CFRP) monocoque interlocked with CFRP unit carrier
- Two-piece Targa roof
- Fixed roll-over protection system.
- Parallel full hybrid
- 4.6-liter V8 mid-engine with dry-sump lubrication
- Hybrid module with electric motor and decoupler
- Electric motor with decoupler and gear unit on front axle
- Auto start/stop function
- Electrical system recuperation
- Four cooling circuits for motors, transmission and battery
- Thermal management.
- 608 hp at 8,600/min (V8 engine)
- 154 hp (hybrid module on rear axle)
- 127 hp (electric motor on front axle)
- 887 hp (combined)
- 390 lb.-ft. at 6,600/min (V8 engine)
- 940 lb.-ft. (equivalent torque calculated on the crankshaft, complete system in 7th gear)
- 787 lb.-ft. (complete system, 3rd gear)
- > 590 lb.-ft. (800/min – 5,000/min)
Maximum RPM: 9,150 rpm
Power Output per Liter: 133 hp/l (V8 engine)
- Combustion engine with hybrid module and transmission bolted together to form a single drive unit
- Seven-speed Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (PDK)
- Rear-Wheel Drive
- Front electric motor with gearbox for driving the front wheels (decoupled from 146 mph)
- Five pre-selectable operating modes for optimum coordination of all drive units
Gear Ratios & Specs of PDK Transmission:
- 1st gear 3.91
- 2nd gear 2.29
- 3rd gear 1.58
- 4th gear 1.19
- 5th gear 0.97
- 6th gear 0.83
- 7th gear 0.67
- R gear 3.55
- Final drive ratio 3.09
- Clutch diameter 8.7 in. / 6.5 in.
Chassis and Suspension:
- Double-wishbone front axle
- Optional electro-pneumatic lift system on front axle
- Electro-mechanical power steering
- Multilink rear axle with adaptive electro-mechanical system for individual rear wheel steering
- Electronically controlled twin-tube gas-pressure dampers in the front and rear with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- High-performance hybrid brake system with adaptive recuperation; internally ventilated and perforated front ceramic brake discs (PCCB)
- Front Size: 16 in. in diameter and 1.4 in. thick
- Rear Size: 15.4 in diameter and 1.3 in. thick
Wheels and Tires:
- Wheel Style: 918 Spyder wheels
- Wheel Style Weissach Package: 918 Spyder Magnesium Wheels
- Front Wheels: 9.5 J x 20
- Rear Wheels: 12.5 J x 21
- Front Tires: 265/35 ZR 20
- Rear Tires: 325/30 ZR 21
- Curb Weight: 3,715 lbs.
- Curb Weight Weissach Package: 3,616 lbs.
- Length: 182.8 in.
- Width: 76.4 in.
- Height: 45.9 in.
- Wheelbase: 107.5 in.
- Track Width Front: 65.5 in.
- Track Width Rear: 63.5 in.
- Luggage Compartment Capacity, VDA: ~ 110 liters
- Fuel Tank Capacity 18.5 gal
- Lithium-ion battery with 6.8 kWh capacity (BOL nominal)
- 220 kW maximum power and mains-compatible plug-in charger
Range: Purely electric approx. 18 mi.
- Vehicle: 4 years
- Battery: 7 years
- AC charging on a household socket (110 V, 10 A): less than 7 hours
- AC charging on an industrial socket (240 V, 30 A): less than 2 hours
- DC charging on an industrial socket (400 V, 32 A): less than 0.5 hours.