Oris Introduces RAID 2013 Limited Edition Chronograph
August 22nd through 25th is the 23rd edition of the RAID SUISSE-PARIS rally for pre-1975 cars. This year’s route from Basel, Switzerland to Paris pass through Nancy, France and Luxemburg Province, Belgium. Amazing classic and vintage cars take part is this rally each year.
Oris is the official timekeeper for this year’s 600 mile RAID SUISSE-PARIS, as they have been since 2009. And, to celebrate, they have created the rather lovely Oris RAID 2013 Limited Edition chronograph.
Inspired by the winner of the 2012 RAID SUISSE-PARIS, a Jaguar 420, the Oris RAID 2013 blends the curved styling of the Jaguar and the crisp, clear design of its Smith gauges with the functionality and beauty of Oris’ classically-designed-but-still-sporty chronographs. The little red triangles on the dial that hearken to a tach’s redline are a very nice touch.
While the Jaguar 420 was powered by a 4.2 liter inline-6, the Oris RAID 2013 has a self-winding 25 jewel 775 movement (Sellita SW500) with a 48-hour power reserve at its heart. The sub-registers at the 12, 9 and 3’oclock positions are clear and easy to read. The day and date windows settle unobtrusively within those at the 6 and 9’oclock positions.
Only 500 examples of the Oris RAID 2013 Limited Edition will be created, each individually numbered and coming in a wood presentation box. Price is 3,500 CHF or about $3,776. Check below for all of the technical specs. Visit Oris.ch for more info.
- Material: Multi-piece stainless steel case
- Size: 44.00 mm, 1.732 inches
- Top Glass: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Case Back: Stainless steel, fixed with screws, special engravings
- Operating Devices: Stainless steel crown and pushers
- Water Resistance: 5 bar (50 m, 164 ft)
- Interhorn Width: 23 mm
- Automatic winding chronograph
- Number: Oris 775, base SW 500
- Dimensions: Ø 30.00 mm
- Functions: Centre hands for hours, minutes and chronograph 1/4 seconds, 3 subsidiary dials for continuous seconds, 30 minutes and 12 hours counter, day/date window, date and day corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
- Winding: Automatic winding, with red rotor
- Power-Reserve: 48 hrs
- Vibrations: 28’800 A/h, 4 Hz
- Jewels: 25
- Material: Black dial
- Luminous Material: Indices and hands Superluminova C1
- Material: Black leather strap, stainless steel folding clasp
Box: Extras Special luxury wooden presentation box, limited to 500
Reference: 01 775 7686 4084-Set