2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo Is in a League of Its Own
As if the Nissan GT-R Track Edition wasn’t enough of an insane supercar, Nissan has just lifted the silks on an even more bonkers version of the GT-R, the 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo. And, it is in a league of its own. Basically, the Nissan GT-R Nismo is a GT3-inspired version of the normal GT-R.
Power for the 2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo is a massive 600 horse (up 55 hp from the standard car), and torque is “over 480 pound-feet” (up at least 35 pound-feet). Yeah, that’s a lot, especially since the regular GT-R can hit sixty in under 3 seconds. The 545 horse GT-R Track Edition runs from 0-60 in about 2.6 seconds, so imagine what another 55 hp could do!
More power means better aerodynamics and a beefier suspension. A race-tuned chassis gets custom Bilstein DampTronic dampers and high-rigidity bolts. A new aero kit offers crazy downforce. The new body kit can create an additional 220 pounds of downforce at 186 miles per hour.
All of this makes one seriously fast car. How fast? How about a Nurburgring time time of 7:08.679? That fast enough for ya? Nissan keeps bandying around the slogan “Zero Competition”. I think they may be right. For more info, check out the specs below.
2015 Nissan GT-R Nismo Technical Specifications
- Power: 600hp (441kw) @ 6,800 rpm (up from 6,400)
- Torque: Over 480 lb-ft (650Nm)
- 17.3 mm hollow rear anti-roll bar
- Springs and custom-developed Bilstein DampTronic dampers in the front and rear
- Front double wishbone suspension
- Large high-rigidity bolts increase stiffness of the wheel-hub
- New body elements:
- Trunk-mounted spoiler
- Front carbon bumper
- Lower front undercover
- The front bumper, engine undercover strake and carbon rear spoiler increase downforce by an additional 220 pounds at 186 mph
- Widened front bumper configuration and elongated and tapered rear bumper reduce drag to Cd 0.27.
- GT-R Nismo black 6-spoke wheels
- Unique Dark Matte Grey Paint
- Carbon-fiber-backed RECARO seats
- Exclusive Nissan GT-R Nismo Alcantara steering wheel
Downloadable digital track and performance data from the performance telemetry system